Rapunzel Organic Extra Dark Swiss Chocolate
Organic Extra Dark Swiss Chocolate
Rapunzel Organic Extra Dark Swiss Chocolate is the world’s first 100% organic chocolate bar available globally. Since 1987, the renowned Swiss chocolate-maker Maestrani has been making chocolate especially for Rapunzel, using the highest quality organic ingredients. This combination of ingredients and expertise produces a chocolate superior in taste and quality.
Made the True to Nature™ Way, the bars are sweetened with Rapunzel’s whole organic evaporated sugar cane juice.
3 Day “Conching Process”
For Rapunzel Extra Dark Swiss chocolates:
- Conching is part of a blending process of the cocoa butter, cocoa beans and sugar.
- This is an oxidation process to reduce the bitterness that naturally occurs in cocoa beans.
- We “conch” our chocolate up to 72 hours. Most other chocolates on the market are “conched” only a few hours.
- We do not take shortcuts in this process by treating the cocoa beans with potassium carbonate, which is an alkalization process that makes the cocoa less bitter, darkens the color, and also makes the chocolate easier to disperse.
- RAPUNZEL is pure Swiss® chocolate and is processed the traditional Swiss® way, and we do it without the use of alkalis and other artificial ingredients and chemicals.
We are happy to carry this healthy and delicious chocolate, and also one that provides a vehicle for your support of many fine organic family farmers in the developing world.
Certified organic ingredients: organic cocoa mass (100% crushed organic cocoa beans), organic raw cane sugar, organic cocoa butter, organic cocoa powder, organic vanilla. 70% cocoa in chocolate. Traces of milk, wheat, nuts, soy, and peanuts may be present due to processing equipment.
Extra Dark Swiss Chocolate
12 bar case
$32.69 - Member price!